Different Types of Office Chairs
An office chair is easily one of the most important pieces of furniture found in an office. Not only for the look of the office, but also for the comfort and self-esteem of the entire staff. Over the last several years, office chairs have come a long way. Office chairs of today are designed to promote health with ergonomical healthy design to improve your posture while you work. Even associates with bad backs will find the office chairs of today to be quite relaxing.
Below, you will find some types of new office chairs that are available for your office:
- Exercise ball style chairs – Ball chairs almost resemble a large beach ball. They are very difficult to slouch in, as they demand you to keep an upright position. They are a great choice for younger workers. They also encourage movement as they tend to be a bit bouncy. The bouncing is a good thing, as it helps to keep the blood circulating and your muscles in constant use.
- Saddle style chairs – These chairs are aptly named as sitting on them is almost like sitting on a horse. They can help to solve lower back problems quite well, with the height being easily adjustable. This chair will work great as a desk or even a computer chair.
- Kneeling chairs – Kneeling style office chairs have no type of back support. They incline forward and therefore allow the hips to slide forward. Kneeling chairs will naturally align the neck, shoulders, and even the spine. Not recommended for people over 50.
- Balans chairs – These office chairs will keep your legs at the right angle. They will help your lower back as well, all while keeping your spine nice and even.
- Recliner chairs – A reclining office chair will help you work in a reclining position. For those will spinal injuries these types of chairs can be a blessing. You can even attach a small table to the chair as well for working.
The office chair you select should be the one that best fits your needs and requirements. No matter which type you end up getting, it should offer ergonomic benefits as well as support for your back and spine. If your sitting at your desk for long periods of time you want a chair that will keep you comfortable.
One of the most important upgrades that you might want to consider is modern, efficient, smooth rolling wheels or casters. It doesn’t matter whether your floor is hardwood, laminate, tile, or carpet, if you have a regular office style chair that can be moved around the floor like Eddie Murphey in Trading Places, eventually you have to worry about the rollers or wheels on the bottom of the chair damaging your floor. This is due to the fact that just about every office style chair made uses inexpensive and very hard plastic rollers that can eventually cause damage. The solution to this is to use ball bearing polyurethane rollers that distribute the stress evenly and cushion the effect of the roller on the floor, thereby not causing any damage. These are made by several companies such as Zitriom, Slipstick, Sunniedog, The Office Oasis, Office Owl, Seddox Office Addiction and Tech Team https://www.techteamproducts.com/. We like Tech Teams item 733 5 pc. Caster Set https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Team-Caster-Replace-Casters/dp/B07GT9ZHB3/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_2?keywords=tech+team+chair+casters&qid=1553186618&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmrnull the best because not only is it attractive in appearance, but it has excellent ball bearing rollers that minimize wear and tear.
At different times throughout the day, always remember to change your sitting position. You should also sit for a period of time without back support as well, to keep the blood circulating. Even though office chairs with back support are great to have, you need some time away from them as well.