- Perfect for crimping eye lugs onto battery cables, welding cables, auto and marine cables, garden tractors, uninsulated battery terminals, battery banks, automotive audio system power cables, and any large electrical amperage capacity stranded cable end terminal connections.
- Wire gauge capacity is 8 AWG, 6 AWG, 4 AWG, 2 AWG, 1 AWG, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, and 4/0 stranded copper or aluminum battery audio or welding cables and copper tinned and untinned eye lugs.
- Can also crimp with impact. The safest tool to use is a 3-4 lb. mallet or a dead blow hammer. Always use ANSI approved safety goggles and other protective devices, such as gloves, when using this tool. Sledgehammer and machinist’s hammers can be safely used with a wood, rubber, fiber, or plastic cushion between the hammer face and the crimping tool’s drive head.
- Can be used in a vise for compressing the crimping head against the lug.
- Steel construction. Spring-loaded movement to keep lugs in place.
The Tech Team Compression Crimping Tool is ideal for crimping lugs for stranded wire as used in battery cables, and cables used in electrical welding. The tool is designed to be struck with a rubber or dead-blow mallet (not a hammer) or with an appropriate clamp or vise. A spring-loaded head ensures that the lug is held firmly before compression.