- For use with top post batteries.
- Prevent battery drain during downtime. Prevent unauthorized use of machinery or vehicles. Prevent accidental activation of machinery during maintenance.
- Lead shims provide a secure, conductive electrical connection with batteries with worn or damaged posts.
- Fiber anti-corrosion pads to prevent corrosive gasses from causing blue or green corrosion around the battery posts.
- Includes one (1) positive and one (1) negative connector, two (2) anti-corrosion washers, and two (2) lead shims.
The Tech Team Thumb Screw Top Post Disconnect Switches are made from solid brass. Lead connectors provide a full-contact surface fit and combined with the lead shims can ensure excellent connectivity even on worn or damaged posts. The fiber anti-corrosion washers prevent corrosive gasses from causing blue or green corrosion around the battery posts. The set includes two (2) switches, two (2) anti-corrosion washers, and two (2) lead shims.
Prevents battery drain during long storage periods. Attaches to standard 17mm diameter negative lead top post terminals on automotive style batteries. Perfect for isolating an automotive battery from the rest of the electrical system so that the battery can be charged without any back feed into the sensitive computer and electronic components in modern vehicles. For diesel powered vehicles with two batteries, two isolator disconnect switches are required, one for each negative terminal on each battery.
To disengage the switch and isolate the battery turn the green dial counterclockwise. To reengage and reestablish the electrical connection turn the dial clockwise until snug. The switch will support 125 amps continuous load. Also acts as a deterrent to unauthorized use of the vehicle, ATV, boat, or SUV.